Where it started

A list going round on Facebook, February 2016: "which of these items have you experienced" etc. Some yes, some no, some didn't interest me. However, it put some ideas into my head, and I figured it was time I followed some of my friends in committing them to (virtual) paper. And then trying some of them out. The first challenge was undertaken on 1 March 2016, and I have no intention of ever completing the list: the more I tick off, the more I'll add.

Tuesday 22 March 2016

More budgie-hooping

Definitely want to master this one. Session 2 took place on 8 March, session 3 a fortnight later on 22 March. No photos of #2, but I was pretty proud of two things: one that I managed (just) to get into the hoop alone when using a jump sideways to the hoop (as opposed to facing the circle, which I haven't managed yet); and that I succeeded in doing the splits while hanging 'long-arm' beneath the hoop. More bruises, of course, but that's an occupational hazard!

Session #3 saw some more progress, and managing a 'man-in-the-moon' pose within the hoop.



The poses once I'm up there don't spook me too much, and I think that a bit of my childhood ballet training comes in useful there. However, the psychology of getting yourself upside down with all the limbs in the right place defeats me so far. I'll keep trying!

Still loads of lovely encouragement from the wonderful Jo and Dawn, and from the various and highly talented youngsters who have shared the sessions with us. An amazing combination of fun, new experience and a wonderful all-round workout. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment